Despite having little power throughout a 1500 year history, how did Japan’s Imperial Family last to this day? Our friends at Linfamy explore the reasons why the Yamato dynasty was able to hold on despite numerous wars and a preponderance of political turmoil.
1. I started with Emperor Kinmei because he's the first emperor with verified dates. There existed emperors before him, but you can't trust the dates of their reigns. Therefore, you can probably add a few hundred years to that 1500 number.
2. Correction: Emperor Jimmu was said to be the great-great-great-grandson of Amaterasu, not the great-grandson.
Hey guys! So…I have a problem. I love creating these videos for you, and I want to put out videos more often than once every two weeks. Problem is, they take too long to make, and the culprit is by far the art. I love drawing but boy does it take forever. I’m trying something out starting with this video…
This video is different from previous ones in that it has less art. I will start to do more videos about smaller topics, with less art (couldn’t help but draw SOME art…), which I can put out faster. It will also allow for more variety of content. But don’t worry, this buys me time to continue the History of Japan series, which will have more art than these topical videos. Let me know what you think! Also, give me some topics you want discussed!
History of Japan playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATnFsFRnRsI&list=PLOWnSFzV-C9YGbbdfGWjpHbTFJJGIPnmQ
PLEASE SUPPORT ME ON PATREON =)
1. Premodern Japan: A Historical Survey: https://amzn.to/2K9maeH
2. Cambridge History of Japan: https://amzn.to/2EKM0Tc
3. A History of Japan to 1334: https://amzn.to/2H1rhfC
4. A History of Japan: Revised Edition: https://amzn.to/2JEYyiJ
WHAT I USE TO MAKE THESE VIDEOS
DISCLAIMER: This description contains affiliate links. If you click on them, then purchase something on the site, I will make a small commission at no extra cost to you! This helps support the channel and allows me to continue making videos for you. It's a win-win! Thank you for your support!